TETRAMAX launches its 1st open call for Entrepreneurial Technology Transfer Experiments to distribute up to €30K funding
The first entrepreneurial TTX call of Tetramax project aims at mobilising, challenging and training small teams of potential entrepreneurs in the Customised Low-Energy Computing (CLEC) space, with a long-term perspective. Hence, this open call focuses on the exploration and evaluation of market and business opportunities, for example, for typical “start-up formation” scenarios and acquisition of investments in the longer term.
The call is open to teams consisting of 3 members with different roles:
– A principal investigator (PI), who takes on the role of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and is a senior researcher associated with the research-based technology for the TTX. PI will be the formal TTX applicant of the TTX proposal, and officially employed at a legal entity (typically a university), which will be the sole recipient of the financial support.
– An entrepreneurial leader (EL), taking the role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and who is a person with the business interest and technical competence needed to investigate the commercial potential of the proposed innovation, and
– A mentor (M), who must be a business-oriented person, experienced in taking research-based technologies to the market.
All team members should typically be located in an EU Member State or in a country associated to H2020; nevertheless, the team may be formed by one or more entities, and team members may be located in a different country (for example, while EL and PL are often from the same academic institution, EL may also be employed at another organisation. However, M should ideally be recruited from a different EU country).
Applicant teams must have a convincing business plan and be willing to get “investor ready” and the experiment, which should be described using a Business Model Canvas, must have a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) ranging from 2 to 4 and must have 3 to 6 months duration.
Each selected TTX will get a financial support between €20,000 and € 30,000 maximum (on average, a financial support of €25,000 is anticipated per TTX).
Selected TTX should typically follow these steps:
1. Fill out the Business Model Canvas.
2. Develop testable hypotheses.
3. Specify business cases.
4. Run business cases and learn from them.
5. Persevere, pivot or perish.
More about TETRAMAX 1st open call for Entrepreneurial Technology Transfer Experiments (TTX)
Publication Date: 31/08/2018.
Proposal submission deadline: 30/11/2018, at 23:59 CET (Brussels time).
Start date of TTX: TTX are expected to start one month after of TTX funding agreement entry into force (this is, 01/03/2019 at the earliest).
End date of the TTX: TTX have to end by November 2019 at the latest.
The innovation action TETRAMAX aims to boost innovation by stimulating, organising and evaluating different kinds of Technology Transfer Experiments (TTX). These co-funded “application experiments” connect SMEs and mid-caps with international academics, resulting in low-risk industrial adoption of novel computing technologies. TETRAMAX provides innovative advanced digital technologies for novel electronic and non-electronic products in the area of Customised Low-Energy Computing (CLEC) for Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Interested in applying? You can do it through this link from the 31st of August.
The project TETRAMAX, co‐funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the grant agreement no. 761349, foresees as an eligible activity the provision of financial support to third parties, as means to achieve its own project objectives.