IMPACT Growth announces 14 startups selected for its next acceleration program
IMPACT Growth selected the 14 startups for its first acceleration program on the Jury Day that took place on 21 June in Madrid. 44 finalists out of a total of 1932 applications started participated in the final phase of the selection process. The winners will get €100,000 equity free an acceleration program including training, mentoring, internationalization services and help to access to private investment. Furthermore the best startups will receive up to €150,000 extra equity free funding and will also be able to access private financing of €1.5 million in funding rounds led by Kibo Ventures.
IMPACT Growth, the startup acceleration program led by FundingBox and ISDI, launched the open call on February 27th and closed it on May 16th. So, 4 months after the call was open and just one month after it was closed the winners were announced.
The beneficiaries per vertical are the following ones:
SMART CONTENT – supported by DOCOMO Digital
- GymCraft (Spain) connects any fitness device to its virtual reality exercise game platform through PC or mobile, and lets the user dive into exciting 3D online worlds.
- FASHION CLOUD (Germany) is the leading content exchange platform in the fashion industry
- Bookingabus.com (Denmark) provides dynamic pricing for bus transportation
- YerbaBuena VR (United States) delivers next generation real-time 360 live streaming distribution platform for Virtual Reality optimized for any available bandwidth
- Clarity (Spain) is a SaaS tool to understand social impact of investment portfolios
SMART CITIES & INFRASTRUCTURE – supported by Ferrovial
- XapiX (Germany) makes it easy for developers to engage with open data to prototype smart city solutions.
- OS Vehicle (United States) bring Self-Driving for everyone
- Stratio Automotive (Portugal) turns automotive maintenance into an exact science, making the unpredictable predictable.
- Watcher (Denmark) is the digital hub for the connected family
SMART AGRIFOOD – supported by Danone
- Tellspec (Denmark) provides real-time nondestructive food analysis. Building Trust in Food
- DelSuper.es (Spain) delivers grocery shopping in 1h.
- Farm Dog (Israel) is keeping fields safe from pest and disease
SMART MANUFACTURING – supported by MADE
- Autonomous Manufacturing (United Kingdom) develops an enterprise cloud platform that automates production for industrial 3D Printing using AI.
- INSYLO (Spain) is an IoT Supply chain platform for the animal feed industry.
The selected startups will benefit from support by the FIWARE Foundation for the integration of this technology into the development of their projects. They will also participate in a training programme featuring international experts and entrepreneurs, plus gain access to an international network of over 100 esteemed mentors. Finally, the startups will participate in a range of international events organised over the course of the year by 4YFN and Mobile World Capital Barcelona.
The acceleration process, directed by ISDI and Accelerace, will officially launch on September 25th. The startups are only required to be physically presents in this first training week in Madrid, the rest of the acceleration program is online.
IMPACT Growth is an initiative funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, with a total of €3.6 million for its initial phase. The second and in fact, the last call for startups, offering to fund and accelerate an additional 14 startups, will be launched by IMPACT Growth on 5 September 2017.
The next open call will be launched on 5 September, for more information please visit IMPACT Growth’s website.
IMPACT Growth Project Manager